h o m e / n e w s / b l o g / f o r u m s / r a n t s / d v d s / b o o k s / i n t e r v i e w s / m u s i c / l i n k s / c o n t a c t / s h o p

Atrocities Cinema.com Forum Index Atrocities Cinema.com
Extreme Horror for an Extreme Age

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loved Death Proof

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Atrocities Cinema.com Forum Index -> Coming to the Big Screen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pandamonium_24
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Loved Death Proof Reply with quote

Grindhouse-saw it and wasn't expecting much.

First of all-I wasn't looking forward to this. Secondly, I'm an old lady and go to bed early---my friend wanted to go to a 10pm showing of it on the other side of the island meaning I wouldn't get home until nearly 2am.

Ugh.

But, I went anyhow and LOVED it.

Contrary to everyone else, I loved Death Proof. The fake-trailers were excellent and Planet Terror was ok.

But, Death Proof, to me....was awesome. It's everything I love about movies...all in one place!!!

I think my friend and I are the only two that prefer Death Proof to Planet Terror.
webmaster
Site/Forum Admin
Site/Forum Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You and your friends aren't the only ones...
I personally loved Death Proof. I thought it was a nice change of pace for Grindhouse.

Planet Terror was very good...don't get me wrong...but honestly, it felt more like mid-1980's video horror (not that that's a bad thing) than so-called "grindhouse" cinema. Death Proof was a more honest homage (and pure homage it was) to the '70's era "grindhouse" experience. Granted, Tarantino shoved his intentions down the viewer's throats more than he should have, but so did just about every movie from that era. I'd also like to add that Zoe Bell is my new fucking hero. She was absolutely amazing in Death Proof...and not just the stunts.

I'm in the process of writing a HUGE analysis of Grindhouse, which will include full reviews of both features, reviews of the fake trailers (how about that "Thanksgiving" trailer?!?!), and some theories as to why the film didn't do anywhere near as well as it should have in the US box office.

Look for it...

Anyway, panda, you're not alone...I loved DP...
BB
Slayer in Training
Slayer in Training

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen it but i thought Planet Terror was the better movie, Death Proof for me was just too boring with too much women sittin about talkin untill U get the chase at the end.

I like Tarantino stuff but Death Proof aint his best imho Smile

Peace,
BB
Pandamonium_24
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BB,

Your opinion is the one I've most commonly heard. Boring-just a bunch of women sitting around.

That's what I loved about it. Got me to drop my guard...I was thinking "Man, he's really not a bad guy"...bam.

Awesome.

And, Chaos--that Thanksgiving preview?! lmao....

I have to say, it was late at night, right....
I was already more entertained than I anticipated....but, when that came on, the scene right at the end of that "preview"....
where the woman's legs are tied up and she's got stuffing in her ...yah...

well, my friend and I both gasped and covered our mouths, then looked at each other and laughed so hard we cried.

Good stuff.

I love the "don't" one too!

If you're thinking of going in...
DON'T
If you're thinking...
DON'T

awesome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Atrocities Cinema.com Forum Index -> Coming to the Big Screen All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: