h o m e / n e w s / b l o g / f o r u m s / r a n t s / d v d s / b o o k s / i n t e r v i e w s / m u s i c / l i n k s / c o n t a c t / s h o p

Atrocities Cinema.com Forum Index Atrocities Cinema.com
Extreme Horror for an Extreme Age

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Evil Dead Trap

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Atrocities Cinema.com Forum Index -> Asian Terrors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidltamarin
Slayer in Training
Slayer in Training

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Evil Dead Trap Reply with quote

did anyone else see this, it kicked ass, very disturbing, and scary. I love horror movies but most dont really scare me. Like Hellevator, it was great but I cant say I was actually scared by it. Evil Dead Trap is actually legitimately scary, as well as gory as hell.
Despite the name it has nothing in common with Sam Raimi. These reporters show up at an abandoned building because of a snuff type tape that led them there and when they get there--- well, you have to see it, I wont give away anything.
There is a sequel I have not yet seen, anyone seen the sequel?
-Bloodsucking Freaks
webmaster
Site/Forum Admin
Site/Forum Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Evil Dead Trap Reply with quote

davidltamarin wrote:
did anyone else see this, it kicked ass, very disturbing, and scary. I love horror movies but most dont really scare me. Like Hellevator, it was great but I cant say I was actually scared by it. Evil Dead Trap is actually legitimately scary, as well as gory as hell.
Despite the name it has nothing in common with Sam Raimi. These reporters show up at an abandoned building because of a snuff type tape that led them there and when they get there--- well, you have to see it, I wont give away anything.
There is a sequel I have not yet seen, anyone seen the sequel?

It's funny...Evil Dead Trap (the first one, anyway) is widely regarded as a kind of "homage" to Dario Argento.

I've got parts one and two on DVD (the uncut asian releases), and there is a third one as well, but that tends to be a bit harder to find.

Anyway, I dug the first one quite a bit...very colorful and silly and even a bit scary in parts. The second one is only related by name, and is a far inferior movie, for the most part. It's still worth a look, though. Eventually, I'm going to review all three movies on the site, so be patient...
beeebon
Slayer in Training
Slayer in Training

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished watching this last night and found it an enjoyable film. Nothing amazing, and you can see it's influences are worn on it's sleeve (the Argento, Raimi and Fulci bits are easy to pick up) but all in all worth checking out Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Atrocities Cinema.com Forum Index -> Asian Terrors All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: