h o m e / n e w s / b l o g / f o r u m s / r a n t s / d v d s / b o o k s / i n t e r v i e w s / m u s i c / l i n k s / c o n t a c t / s h o p

Atrocities Cinema.com Forum Index Atrocities Cinema.com
Extreme Horror for an Extreme Age

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Death Proof / Planet Terror

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Atrocities Cinema.com Forum Index -> The Rumor Mill
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dominic
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Death Proof / Planet Terror Reply with quote

Tarantino and Rodriguez join forces in this 2 part movie (wasn't there a topic about this flick??)
anyway aint it cool has managed to get their hands on part of the script.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=22846
webmaster
Site/Forum Admin
Site/Forum Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this is now called "Grindhouse" (a fairly fitting title, if you ask me).

Supposedly, the film will be broken up into two pieces, with weird little "fake trailers" for non-existent films in between. Those trailers will also be directed by Rodriguez and Tarantino.

It's actually looking pretty promising. I don't know...I like just about everything those guys do.
dominic
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and heres the trailer!

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/grindhouse_hd.html
severedsurvival
Slayer in Training
Slayer in Training

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the irony here is that a film called 'Grindhouse' will be released in venues that were responsible for the fall of actual grindhouses. Very Happy

I have a nagging suspicion that the films in Grindhouse may be released as two films. A rumor I heard when I was in L.A. for Christmas vacation was that the Weinstein Co. is having a hard time convincing distributors (in this case MGM) to run a three hour+ movie in the theaters. If they can pull it off, more power to them.
webmaster
Site/Forum Admin
Site/Forum Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

severedsurvival wrote:
I think that the irony here is that a film called 'Grindhouse' will be released in venues that were responsible for the fall of actual grindhouses. Very Happy

Yeah, it's a bit ironic. But, it's ironic in a fairly good way, don't you think? I mean, the "multiplex syndrome" has proven to be fatally flawed, so maybe this kind of thing will help bring back the good ol' days of smaller, independently-run theaters. Who knows.

severedsurvival wrote:
I have a nagging suspicion that the films in Grindhouse may be released as two films. A rumor I heard when I was in L.A. for Christmas vacation was that the Weinstein Co. is having a hard time convincing distributors (in this case MGM) to run a three hour+ movie in the theaters. If they can pull it off, more power to them.

I heard that rumour, too. The Weinsteins might be having a bit of a problem (similar to the problem that they had with Kill Bill), but in this case, the word of mouth and the overwhelming fanboy response for the trailers of Grindhouse has been so amazing that maybe the distributor will just shut up and let these guys release it as one movie - double-feature though it may be. I for one welcome our new Grindhouse overlords.
Twisted Evil Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Atrocities Cinema.com Forum Index -> The Rumor Mill All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: