h o m e / n e w s / b l o g / f o r u m s / r a n t s / d v d s / b o o k s / i n t e r v i e w s / m u s i c / l i n k s / c o n t a c t / s h o p

Atrocities Cinema.com Forum Index Atrocities Cinema.com
Extreme Horror for an Extreme Age

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Demons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Atrocities Cinema.com Forum Index -> Complete Shite...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beeebon
Slayer in Training
Slayer in Training

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:55 am    Post subject: Demons Reply with quote

I was kinda expecting it to be so bad it was good, but it was just bad despite the gore.
webmaster
Site/Forum Admin
Site/Forum Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Demons Reply with quote

beeebon wrote:
I was kinda expecting it to be so bad it was good, but it was just bad despite the gore.

Ya' know, Demons (assuming you're talking about the Lamberto Bava movie) is one of those flicks for which there's a special place in my heart. I'm not sure why. Every once in a while, I go back to it and watch it. While I like it far better than the sequel, I'll be the first to admit that it's a deeply flawed movie. The acting is atrocious, the plotting is pretty much nonexistent, the script is asinine at best, and the music is overbearing and inappropriate. Leave it to executive producer Dario Argento to toss in some over-the-top "heavy metal" music to completely defuse any tension that the film might have built. Rolling Eyes

Still, it's such a primo slice of '80's cheese, and the gore is pretty balls-out, so I still love the flick because it's just fun. It's not the modern classic that some claim it to be, but it's still fun, in a stupid kind of way.

By the way, that guy walking around in the silver mask thing is none other than Michele Soavi, the director of Cemetery Man (among others). Argento and his gang sure like to "keep it in the family", so to speak.
davidltamarin
Slayer in Training
Slayer in Training

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, this was a sorry film and so was Demons 2. Bad unlikeable characters and general stupidity made these films awful.
-Bloodsucking Freaks
severedsurvival
Slayer in Training
Slayer in Training

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: Demons Reply with quote

beeebon wrote:

You must have never seen Demons III: The Ogre (also directed by Lamberto Bava). Now that is a horrid film Very Happy
webmaster
Site/Forum Admin
Site/Forum Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: Demons Reply with quote

severedsurvival wrote:
beeebon wrote:

You must have never seen Demons III: The Ogre (also directed by Lamberto Bava). Now that is a horrid film Very Happy

Yes indeed. Demons 3 is total crap. Not even vaguely related to the other two "Demons" movies.

I like Lamberto Bava...he has an interesting filmography. But, Demons 3 is, like you said, a horrid film.

I wish Michele Soavi would start making horror flicks again. Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Atrocities Cinema.com Forum Index -> Complete Shite... All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: