h o m e / n e w s / b l o g / f o r u m s / r a n t s / d v d s / b o o k s / i n t e r v i e w s / m u s i c / l i n k s / c o n t a c t / s h o p

Atrocities Cinema.com Forum Index Atrocities Cinema.com
Extreme Horror for an Extreme Age

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zombi 2: 25th Anniversary Edition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Atrocities Cinema.com Forum Index -> Cannibals/Zombies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
webmaster
Site/Forum Admin
Site/Forum Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Zombi 2: 25th Anniversary Edition Reply with quote

Just a recommendation: of all of the versions and editions of this film that are out there right now, I most strongly recommend Shriek Show's 25th Anniversary Two-Disc edition of "Zombi 2" aka "Zombie" and "Zombie Flesh Eaters"...
Pending my "official" review of this edition, I'll just say that this one boasts by far the best transfer, sound, and extras that I've ever seen for this flick.

Go buy it...it's worth seeking out!
davidltamarin
Slayer in Training
Slayer in Training

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have this movie on a VHS tape, and its almost like watching a different movie with this new double DVD, I agree the quality is excellent. A film of that caliber and infamy deserves nothing but the best. I haven't seen any of the Extra Features yet but I am looking forward to seeing them, and hopefully they have a feature on how they did the gore effects like the splinter in the eye.

Amazing movie, and the double DVD is of the high quality this gore masterpiece deserves.
-Bloodsucking Freaks
Alhazred
Fledgling Killer
Fledgling Killer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zombie is my favorite zombie movie I have seen to date. I have the single disc edition and am curious as to what eye splintering extras are packed on to the bonus disc. This movie is a must have for any horror collection.
webmaster
Site/Forum Admin
Site/Forum Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Alhazred...
Love your screen name...nice Lovecraft reference.

The Zombie 25th anniversary edition lists the following features:

Exclusive 98-minute featurette including testimonials from SFX artist Giannetto De Rossi, Cinematographer Sergio Salvati, screen writer Dardano Sacchetti. Cast and crew interviews. Commentary track by star Ian McCullough, photogallery, original trailers, and a printed reproduction of the original Italian poster.

This is a kick-ass release, and it's probably the best this flick has ever looked. Pick it up today!
BB
Slayer in Training
Slayer in Training

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the info on the release Smile

Im gonna have to keep a eye out for that DVD version, Zombie Flesheaters was the first zombie movie i ever saw & basically setup the whole zombie genre for me. It was also my first Fulci film.

A lot of folk slag it off sayin the effects are crap etc but i loved it & still say it has one of the best zombie movie soundtracks ever.

Peace,
BB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Atrocities Cinema.com Forum Index -> Cannibals/Zombies All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: