h o m e / n e w s / b l o g / f o r u m s / r a n t s / d v d s / b o o k s / i n t e r v i e w s / m u s i c / l i n k s / c o n t a c t / s h o p

Atrocities Cinema.com Forum Index Atrocities Cinema.com
Extreme Horror for an Extreme Age

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Story of Ricky

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Atrocities Cinema.com Forum Index -> Makeup/Special FX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lemarchand
Fledgling Killer
Fledgling Killer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:47 am    Post subject: Story of Ricky Reply with quote

I saw this movie in the EasternEye section at my local video store. Being young and immature I fell in love with the warning on the case. THE MOST VIOLENT HONG KONG MOVIE EVER MADE. WARNING BANNED IN SEVERAL COUNTRIES etc....

The movie was amazingly dissapointing yet amazingly good. I was looking forward to some martial arts but all I got was exploding fists, crushing heads and fists through stomachs.
You can easily detect the terrible dummy styled deaths however I was unaware of the many ways to kill a person. Not that I would but after watching a load of horror movies you think that youve seen it all.
For a relatively old movie the death scenes in Story of Ricky provide lots of humour and jaw-dropping moments.
Memorable events in the movie include an overly strong man crush a mans head with his hands, a man trip and fall onto a wood board with nails protruding and get it in the eye. Last but not least a mans hand get smashed to pieces before your very eyes when two guys collide.

A must see for all Gore fans.
webmaster
Site/Forum Admin
Site/Forum Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Story of Ricky Reply with quote

Lemarchand wrote:
I saw this movie in the EasternEye section at my local video store. Being young and immature I fell in love with the warning on the case. THE MOST VIOLENT HONG KONG MOVIE EVER MADE. WARNING BANNED IN SEVERAL COUNTRIES etc....

The movie was amazingly dissapointing yet amazingly good. I was looking forward to some martial arts but all I got was exploding fists, crushing heads and fists through stomachs.
You can easily detect the terrible dummy styled deaths however I was unaware of the many ways to kill a person. Not that I would but after watching a load of horror movies you think that youve seen it all.
For a relatively old movie the death scenes in Story of Ricky provide lots of humour and jaw-dropping moments.
Memorable events in the movie include an overly strong man crush a mans head with his hands, a man trip and fall onto a wood board with nails protruding and get it in the eye. Last but not least a mans hand get smashed to pieces before your very eyes when two guys collide.

A must see for all Gore fans.

I bought this flick on DVD about a year ago based on reputation alone (as I often do). I gotta say, it was one of the stupider movies that I've ever seen. It's got some gory moments, but honestly, this was very much Asia's answer to any given Troma film. It's loud, brash, ugly, stupid, and totally tasteless. So, from that perspective, it was fun, but otherwise, it's a pass.

The gore is pretty funny, though...
dominic
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i've just watched this flick and i must say i just loved it!

ok its cheesy, predictable, and the dubbing is... ehm.. well.. but all those things just added more fun to the movie (from my point if view).
anyway the 1.5 hours just flew by and i cant wait till someone makes part II.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Atrocities Cinema.com Forum Index -> Makeup/Special FX All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: