Joined: 14 Dec 2004
Location: Washington, D.C. (the ninth circle of hell)
|Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:53 pm Post subject: The ground rules...
|I'd like you to enjoy your stay here at the Atrocities Cinema.com forums. However, I'd also ask that you abide by some simple ground rules:
1. Stay on topic as best as you can. No one wants to read pointless, distracting posts. So, if you don't have anything useful to contribute, or at the very least, any profound questions to ask, don't bother posting anything.
2. I won't tolerate flame wars. Don't be a dick, and you won't have to feel like one when you get banned for mindless flaming. I am the final...and I repeat...final judge of what is to be considered "mindless flaming". So, just watch your step and be cool...
3. DO NOT post anything having to do with bootlegged or illegally downloaded or otherwise obtained movies. I realize that this is a somewhat grey area, but the best guideline is "when in doubt, don't post it".
4. DO NOT post spam or links to spam. The Atrocities Cinema Forums will not tolerate spamming. Please refer to rule number 1.
5. DO NOT post or link to blatantly pornographic materials. Again, I am the final judge on this matter, so use a little bit of common sense.
6. Swearing is fine...in fact, I'd almost go so far as to say that it's encouraged. However, be mature about it. If your post consists of "fuck fuck fuck shit damn fuck!", you're suspect. Again, refer to rule number 1 if you're ever in doubt.
7. DO NOT try to use the Atrocities Cinema Forums as your own personal advertising space. If you link to external sites in your posts, make sure they are pretty damned closely related to the topic at hand. If you want to link to your own horror site, that's fine, but excessive "topic bumping" will not be tolerated. Submit your site to Google if you want more hits, but don't try to generate traffic on these forums. It's simple, people.
8. Nothing is more annoying than "double posting". Hit the submit button ONCE, everyone. I don't care if your connection speed sucks. That's not my problem. Excessive double posting will get you shit-canned, so don't do it.
9. If you have a specific question, please try to see if the subject is sufficiently covered in previous posts before polluting the forums with extraneous crappage. Also, when in doubt, remember the golden online rule: "Google is your Friend".
10. Above all, have fun. That's what this forum is all about. If you have any questions about any of these rules, or if you'd like to bitch about an abusive user, email the forum administrator at:
By using these forums, you acknowledge that you've read, understand, and agree to the aforementioned rules.
If you're an illiterate fuckhead, well...I don't know what to tell you.